Thursday, December 30, 2010

Frustration = Pittsburgh

Things I am Sick of Hearing About (in no particular order):

1. The Pittsburgh Penguins - Just because I live in PA, and more importantly close to Pitt, doesn't mean I am a fan. And more importantly I do not care about hockey. I do not care who wins the Stanley Cup. I do not care about Malkin, Crosby, or Fleury... Most importantly (and most annoyingly) I do not want to see "Let's go PENS!" plastered on your facebook status every ten seconds. I enjoy a little bit of football now & then, even some Nascar, maybe MAYBE a soccer game...but I don't understand how fandom gets to the point where EVERY status update includes your dedication to a hockey team. Actual post from my feed: "Congrats to my sister ___ on getting married. Let's go PENS!"

2. Medicare Enrollment - I don't even know how much I would need to go into this one, but...I really cringe everything that god-awful-longer-than-sin commercial comes on. Because it can't just tell you how easy and adjustable Medicare is, NO! it has to have 4 examples from 4 real customers. AND THEN they have to pound into your brain that enrollment ends at midnight on December 31st. I don't even have cable and I've seen this commercial more than I have seen my own father whom I live with in the last week.

3. Going Green - Now, I'm all for recycling and trying to slow down global warming and don't pollute, save water, etc. I am in no way against ANY of that, in fact I love the fact that people want to save polar bears and that they want their grandchildren to be able to breathe, and what not. However, I don't need to see it every 5 feet. Most people don't even know what they are talking about. "Oh, I bought this recycled thing, that must mean I'm green. LOOK HOW GREEN I AM! I ONLY FLUSH WHEN I SHIT. I'M SO GREEN!!! JUST CALL ME THE JOLLY GREEN GIANT!" Blah blah...I get it. Eating meat is awful. Using paper towels is awful. Not using a bus instead of my car is awful. And I know, I should just get a Prius and call it a day. Well, if I had enough money for a Prius, then I wouldn't be sitting here on my blog. I'd be out spending my money. But anyway...yeah. I'm just sick of hearing about it. Do your green shit, but don't spread it all over your facebook. It's like when you do something else you should've just been doing your whole life without having to be told...Do you announce to everyone that you wash your dishes instead of throwing them in a landfill each time they are dirty? No. You don't.

4. The Pittsburgh Steelers (and more specifically their awful QB) - Again, with the proximity thing...BR (the QB) is not the greatest quarterback of all time. He reminds me of Shrek. I don't want to be reminded of his greatness everytime I flip on NFL Sunday. And here is why. He is a terrible athlete. He can't run. He can't pass. He can't do shit. He gets lucky. Tom Brady, now THERE is an athlete. Also...I really dislike the Steelers because everyone around this neck of the woods likes to use the phrase "We did really great last night" or "Woah, we really killed the Bears today!" Did you? Cause when I saw the game, I didn't notice you out on the field. Did I miss that? Were you the one who scored that touchdown? No? Oh...

No comments: