Wednesday, November 24, 2010

oh retail...

Yesterday a customer came in and asked me a question. I had no idea what the hell he was talking about, and knew that no one in the store would know the answer. However, this is what happened.

"I actually have no idea. But, I could get an EasyTech for you. He might be able to help."
"That is the most honest answer I have ever heard from a store like this. And I want to thank you for not bullshitting with me about an answer."
"Oh. Well, you're welcome?"
"No really. I appreciate it. Most people just go on and on in circles making stuff up."
End.

Huh. Usually when I tell people that I don't know the answer to their obscure questions that they could've googled and saved themselves not only the time to drive out there, but also the gas and a headache, they get REALLY upset with me.

But like, really...Just because I work in a store that sells Quicken does not mean I know everything about Quicken. And just because we sell Coke products does not mean I am in control of Coke. Sorr.

No comments: