Friday, October 15, 2010

What? Double Post Friday?

So, I mentioned in an earlier post that I had a panic session not related to the drama that is my life with K. Here goes:

I'm driving to the bank (I think it was the bank, it was a very specific day...) and I'm at this intersection which has five streets. And I think back to 2005 when I was at college, but heard about some kid committing suicide near that intersection. There was a guy standing there and my immediate reaction was to panic about him.

Scenario 1: He pulls out a gun and shoots himself in the head. And I'm the only one at this 5-way intersection so I have to call 911. I'm trying to dial, but all I can think about is how traumatizing it is to see someone shoot their brains out.

Scenario 2 (much worse): He pulls out the gun and puts it to his head. And so I floor it through the light, throw my car into park and rush over to try and stop him. I'm standing there telling him that there must be something he can think of to live for. He tells me that his wife and kids just died. He doesn't have a job or money and he doesn't know what to do about life. I tell him that I have often felt the same way, but then I found someone worth sticking around for; that I found someone to love. And I talk him out of it, but people drove past and saw so they called the cops. And when the cops get there they see that he isn't going to kill himself, so they ask me how I got him to not. The news people come and want to interview me, but I panic because then my family would know about my past and I didn't want that to happen. So I was just like "Um, I don't want to be recognized..."

----------------
Now playing: Aimee Mann - Humpty Dumpty
via FoxyTunes

No comments: