Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Vaycay Dreams

So, of course a vacation isn't without dreams with really obvious messages or with really strange symbols for shit...

Uno: It was simply my feet and another set of feet (I think my dad's) that were floating in a little puddle of ocean water bleeding from the soles. The blood was making little swirls on the surface. And that was it.

Looking up foot/feet in the dream dictionary is difficult, because there are a lot of different ways to see a foot in a dream...and none of them, shockingly, are 'bleeding from who knows what.' Most of the sections suggest cutting it on glass, but something about me knows that it was not from glass. To dream that you injured or hurt your foot, signifies a lack of progress, freedom, and independence. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you have taken a step in the wrong direction. The sole of the foot may be a pun of being or feeling like the "sole" or only support of some person or situation.

Zwei: K and I workin the same place (but I have no idea where it was) and our shifts were over for the night and we were in the parking lot. He tells me that he's going to go get dinner with Kyle (son) and so I say, "Ok, see you tomorrow," and try to get in my car. But when I pull the passenger side door (cause I put something in that side) it won't shut - sorta like when the seatbelt is in the way and it bounces back...but that's not why. But I start backing out anyway and debate calling K to come help me. But I've waited too long and I have no reception. There are a lot of people standing around in the parking lot for the next shift and I start getting nervous because my door won't close, so I just drive away anyway, with my door open. I drive to my mom's house and I walk in the kitchen and ask what to do. She tells me to call K, that he won't mind. So I press "Send" and I wake up.

There isn't even anything really to look up. I'm terrified of being alone with strangers in my waking life. My car is a piece of shit in my waking life. My cell phone's reception is about as reliable as a car with no wheels. And hardly any of my dreams have closure.

However, my window broke awhile back (like March) and I had K fix it. So then about a week before my vacation another window broke the same way. And I just didn't tell anyone why there was peace sign duct tape on my car...But then I broke down and told my mom to see if she would buy me the part I needed and asked her if she thought K would fix it if I asked. So I called him and asked him. And he said yes. So, I am either getting more prophetic in my dreams or my dream life is as awesomely boring as my waking life. (OOH! Title line! Take a shot!)

No comments: