Monday, August 23, 2010

I Like Numbers

Some fun (totally dependent on your definition of fun) facts about my vacation:

  • Condo had 23 mirrors but only 16 rooms; 2 in my bathroom, and 1 whole wall was a mirror
  • Condo was themed and had 231 monkeys (statues, the pool floor, pillows, etc)
  • On the drive down I saw 33 different state license plates, 2 Canadian provinces, & D.C. for a total of 36
  • On the drive back I saw 34 states, 2 Canadian provinces, & D.C. for a total of 37
  • Overall, I saw 38/50 states (76%) and 3/10 provinces
  • We ate at 3 Outer Banks restaurants (not counting fast food or large chains)
  • Watched 1 sunrise, 2 sunsets, 4 fishing boats come in, 5 surfers, 2 kayakers, and countless dolphins
  • Found 2 conch shells, 1 piece of coral, 2 unidentifiable things, & 25 shells on the beach
  • Bought 3 shot glasses, 1 t-shirt, 1 hoodie, 2 pants, 4 postcards, 1 keychain, 2 can coozies, 3 boxes of salt water taffy & 1 magnet
Stay tuned for "Strange But Gorgeous: The West Virginia Story"

No comments: