Monday, May 31, 2010

Summer

I'm engaging in a love-hate relationship as I type this. It is my relationship with summer.

I hate snow. I hate driving in snow. I like watching it snow...from my parka & sleeping bag and/or on television. So lord knows I love it when that part of the year has passed and the grass starts turning green again. However, the grass has been green for awhile now and the sun is starting to take its toll on me. I like sun, don't get me wrong, but when it is too hot to walk to the bathroom...C'mon.

All I'm trying to do right now is watch a little Golden Girls season 3 on youtube! I don't really like the idea of peeling myself off my desk whenever I have an itch because the sweat has all but glued me down. And do you know why I have to itch? Because of summer.

Now, I guess technically I am not allergic to summer, although the Claritin I purchased yesterday begs to differ. However, with summer comes bonfires or non-bon fires (also known as camp fires). And with fires come smores. And with smores come burning hot sticks. And with burning hot sticks come...well burnt faces. Yes. I said it. I'm admitting that I was at a small fire last night making smores when the stick I was using flicked back and hit me in the face, thus BURNING THE SHIT out of my chin. And now it itches.

But now the love part. I might go canoeing today. Actually, I'm not too excited because I was excited about this weekend and the fact that K cancelled (cancelled is a word I shouldn't use because that would imply that I found out he wasn't showing up instead of him just not showing up without a call or a text or smoke signals) six different events in the past 11 days has made me realize that I shouldn't get excited about any potential plans.

----------------
Now playing: GoingGoldenAgain's Channel
via FoxyTunes

No comments: