Monday, May 10, 2010

I Need A Therapist on Speed Dial

I realize that no one really cares about Nascar that reads this, but if you're going to understand the analogy to my life that follows, you will have to watch this video... From 1:00 - 1:14. And also know that Johnson won the Cup last year...ie: he is the best driver ever. Or something. And if you don't want to watch it..I'll sum it up. Allmendinger slams into Johnson and they are both out of the race.



Sometimes I feel that my mind is like Jimmie Johnson (48). Hear me out before you just give up on this post. For starters, it is a cocky little thing that likes to be a dick. Yes, my mind likes to think that it can give me these dreams that make complete fucking sense and tell me exactly what I should do. Yet, in waking life, it has to go and prevent me from doing the things that it wants me to do. Cognitive dissonance out the ass.

Secondly, my mind will be doing really well (winning a series cup, four races in a row, etc) and then someone like K (Allmendinger) comes along and fucking slam me into insanity (the wall). I feel like I'm spinning out of control, unable to finish. Finish what? I don't know...life? Regardless or what it is I think I can't finish...I honestly thought I knew what I was going to do with my life...but then it hit me from nowhere, surprising me to no end, leaving me jostled and dazed. Walking around wondering what the fuck I'm supposed to do now.

I was going to move. I was going to try to get away from all of this: the un-mutual feelings of sexual attraction, the drama, the bottomless glasses of alcohol that I consume. Only to find out that they are not un-mutual feelings. They are in fact very mutual. Slap a cape on those feelings because they are Super Mutual.

And while we're on the topic of Nascar being my life...I feel like this would never work out anyway. I'm like Logano (he is a 19 year old rookie) and K is Martin (a 50-something year old veteran). And no, I don't mean K is 50 years old. I mean, he just has more experience with people (ie: his ex-wife) than I do (ie: Randy...).

Could the checkered flag be waved? I'm really tired of this race...

----------------
Now playing: The Shins - Know Your Onion!
via FoxyTunes

No comments: