Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Stupid Knee

Sometime around the 5th week of winter term when I was in Conditioning & Learning (2008?), I was walking to the cafeteria with Seth, when I fell on the ice. On the way back from the cafeteria I fell on the ice AGAIN. Same knee. After a week, the bruising did not go away, the swelling was getting worse, and I could feel a piece of my knee cap floating around in there - I went to the health clinic.

He told me I fractured my knee cap, but it was probably nothing too bad. Ibuprofen would take down the swelling and alleviate the pain. He also said that I should walk/exercise my knee so it wouldn't hurt. Well, that's a wonderful suggestion, if I could make it to the bathroom of my house without being in pain. It has been almost exactly two years since I fell. I just had to rub a pain relieving cream all over it and keep it stretched out because bending it is probably the worst pain. I can't walk to make it stronger because it hurts too badly when walking. It hurts hitting the gas pedal sometimes.

I really wish this was not occurring right now. And I don't know what to do about it. Ice would help swelling, but its not swollen. Heat helps muscles, but its not the muscle. Gah.

And yes, that little piece of my knee, still floating around in there. Gives me the creeps when I feel it and remember. Also, the extreme popping of my knee when it tries to fix itself is so pleasant. Only thing more pleasant would be the sound of the bone just breaking in half.

No comments: