Saturday, January 02, 2010

Precious

YAY! First post of 2010!

I had probably the best New Years Eve ever. I honestly can't remember one where I had more fun. Mostly cause I'm usually the D.D. and thus sit in a corner drinking off-brand coke watching people get buck-wild. That's right, I said buck-wild.

Then to start the year off even more better, Melissa & I went to see Precious. Because it never opened around here (we would've had to drive to Ohio) and it was having a special weekend showing. Even though there was five inches of snow when we left and it took us two hours to drive the 45 minute drive home from the theater, we went to see Precious. And g'damn. It wasn't nearly as inspiring as I thought it was going to be. But I still loved it. I really hate when I fall in love with characters. I loved her teacher Ms. Rain, and, oddly, I think my favorite was her case worker at Welfare, Mrs. Weiss. Mostly I think I fell in love with these two women because I can equate them to people in my life. Ok, so no one is saving me from my abusive, incestuous parents (cause I don't have any...) but still.

Sigh, I don't want to talk about anything in the plot since most people I know have not seen it, since this was the first time this movie was shown around here. I will point out, that one of the males we went to see it with was...well, a dick in the after-movie discussion. He just kept calling Precious a retard. She never learned to read. She is not retarded. We didn't make you see the movie. "I kept expecting something to happen. And then it didn't." It wasn't an action movie. Shut. Up.

The End.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Precious was so good! I cried though. A lot.