Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My 400th Post...

I feel like my 400th post should be about something of more worth...

Regardless, I'm sick of hearing about Haiti. For several reasons.
1. I have no money to help them. Literally.

2. Having a commercial every 4o seconds is not raising awareness. It is making people want to mute their TVs, change the channel, care less, etc. I have heard this from several different people, it is not just my own feelings.

3. If every person begging for aid (ie: NFL players, celebrities, rich people, etc) donated their own excess of money instead of asking people who don't have a spare $100,000 lying around then the clean up could be done within a week. Seriously: Peyton Manning* signed a 7 year contract in March, 2004 for a reported 99.2 million dollars. That would put his average salary at a little over $14 million dollars. Compare this to: America has the highest income per capita of any nation on earth; it clocks in at around $45,000 annually.

I rest my case. *In case you don't know, Peyton Manning is the quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts.

No comments: