Thursday, September 24, 2009

Stupid Maury Teenagers

Ok, time for a normal post!

So, what the hell is wrong with today's youth? (Yes this spawned from my tweet about Maury: Confront My Out-Of Control Teen.) These girls (and one boy) are 13-14 years old. One (14) got pregnant at 12, has gotten Chlamydia TWICE, feeds her baby kool-aid and ignores him when he cries - OH Just found out she uses her child support to buy weed. The boy was thrown out of school "about twenty times" and has had sex with "six or seven girls" but he doesn't really know. A 13 year old is getting drunk, stealing mass amounts of shit from Target, and beating up security guards.

Now, let me ask again. What. The. Fuck?

When I was 12/13 I would sit in my room doing my fucking algebra homework and studying for my next history exam, all while practicing for the choir concert I had coming up. Maybe planning to go to the movies with a couple friends. And the largest thing I ever stole by that time, was a fucking cowtail candy thing. The first time I ever got drunk was when I was 17, maybe 18. The first time I ever smoked pot was a couple days after my 19th birthday. I have never (seriously) considered having sex for money, and I NEVER wanted to have sex with 12 different people in the same week, let alone unprotected. I'm 23 years old, and I still don't want to do those things. (not the getting drunk part, obvi, but you know...the sex thing).

I actually know someone like those teens. I know about all the drugs she smokes, snorts, whatever. I know about all the sexual activities she takes part in. I know that she sells her medication so she can buy energy drinks and speed. She's 15 now, but I've known her since 13. And she's been doing all of this stuff since then. She does nothing but yell at her parents and I'm waiting for her to just haul off and punch them. I know it's coming.

I just don't understand what goes through kids' minds to make them think that this is the perfect lifestyle. That girl "loves her baby so much" but she's going to get a reality check when the state takes it away from her. And I'm sure it's going to be fun when she gets some STI that can't be cured. I'll admit, getting drunk and partying is fun. But there are people who can do so responsibly and legally. I got drunk nearly every weekend and Wednesdays. I still got up, went to classes, got As in these classes, and graduated.

No comments: