Thursday, July 23, 2009

i never want to see groceries again

Oh hay! I went to bed at 6:30ish am this morning. Why? I'm guessing it was the coffee I had 12 hours before. I woke up at 9:30 but was so exhausted I fell asleep again before even touching my alarm clock. Better story though, is me waking up at noonish, wanting to die, sitting at my computer for an hour, and then taking my grandma to the doctor. I think, alright, this'll take an hour, I can drop her off at home, go buy some tampons, and be home in time for a late lunch. Notsomuch. "Can we stop by the store?" "Sure!" Now I won't even need to backtrack to get tampons - I think and am excited that I can kill two birds with one stone.

AN HOUR LATER...we are checking out. I have already paid for my stuff. I am starving. In a grocery store. I have never enjoyed chocolate cake, but slather some peanut butter creme stuff in between two and call it a whoppee! and I'll devour it in 3.2 seconds while driving and texting at the same damn time. It took two trips for me to get all of her groceries inside because well, I was starving and thirsty and she would've freaked out if I had taken a sip while driving. (And Lord knows I can do many things while driving...I'll let your imagination go wild.)

It's not that I mind helping her out. It's the fact that she said "stop by" which to me implies, "I need to pick up some aspirin and maybe some potatoes." If she would've said, "Could we get groceries after my appointment?" I would have been totally ok with it, and brought a snack.

And now, basically, my friends have conflicting interests (except wanting to hang out with me) and therefore I don't know which way to go, cause they both asked me at the same time. Today is crazy and I've only been awake for 5 hours (a little less, actually).

No comments: