Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Strange Man in My Apt.

In case you aren't awesome and following me on Twitter (do so here), I would like to explain why in hell I am awake at 4:37 am on a Wednesday morning, without having been up all night drinking.

I will start out with a clarification: I live in an apartment with 3 other females, two of which have girlfriends on campus. This brings the total to 6 people who frequent this apartment during sleeping hours...And they are all female.

So why, I ask you, is it that I woke up at 4:15 to the sound of a man's voice? I thought maybe it was coming from outside my window, some douche at the Jazz House maybe. Well, it was coming from outside, but not my window, dear reader, no. From outside my bedroom door.

Now, normally this wouldn't be a problem (ok, maybe it would) but this particular man was talking very loudly into his cell phone with a voice that can be described only as "He sounded like he belonged on Green Acres." And you know, a diction class wouldn't hurt him in the slightest. And maybe a quick run through a thesaurus for alternatives to "yah."

Anyway, I was lying in bed wondering what the hell is going on and trying to open my eyes, when I hear this very loud beep. OH GOOD. We're all going to die from Carbon Monoxide poisoning and this man is so lovingly waking us up by talking outside the door. "It's not the fier 'larm. It's the monoxiiiide detektor," I hear him say approximately 4 times, before I fully realize what is going on. BEEEEEEEEEP. Oh, cool, can we take the batteries out of that thing and fix it at a normal hour? I don't even care if I die at this point, as long as I get a few more hours of sleep in.

No comments: