Sunday, April 26, 2009

Zoos & Breezes

There are some moments in life you wish would last forever. One of those times is now.

I'm sitting on my balcony. It's 10:30 pm. There is a breeze - with the occasional gust of wind - blowing quietly over me. It is almost silent aside from the branches of the tree next to me. No police sirens, no gun shots at the Quickie, no trains! Even the Jazz House is quiet. This is one of the moments that make me happy I never succeeded in suicide.

Anyway....
Today was a very happy day. In typical S&M fashion, on the way back from brunch I told Molly I wanted to go to the zoo; I'd even do her homework for her. There was about 10 minutes of internal debate with herself, and then she was just like, "Ok, let's go." An hour later we were entering the Peoria Zoo. Who knew that $5.95 could buy happiness?

Ok, while there were no giraffes (yet, there will be in June) and the tortoises were kept inside because it's still "too cold," it was still a fun time. I mean, I got a picture of every animal there in and it took about 30 photos - not every species...every individual. Yeah, very small, but I got to pet a goat! And one of the tigers was about three inches from us- of course there was some plexiglass between us, but THREE INCHES!

I didn't invite anyone else (sorry) but I really just needed S&M time. Because we never get that anymore and I feel left out of everything. Then she bought me my birthday present! A t-shirt that feels like it was made in Heaven. It's 70% bamboo and feels so amazingly soft.

Then I came home with intent to take a 20 minute nap. After sleeping through my alarm for nearly half an hour, I got a phone call. I thought it was actually 7:49 AM and I was late for my senior research...Yeah, it wasn't. However, I did need to wake up so I could do my German homework. Then I did that. And ate some brownies for dinner. And now I'm on my balcony enjoying this marvelous Sunday night. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would go to a zoo today. Especially since last night I was thinking way too much about things and may or may not have done something stupid. But let's not talk about that, k?
----------------
Now playing: Lauryn Hill - Killing Me Softly
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I'm glad you had a good day =D