Saturday, April 18, 2009

Prairie Fire & Birds

As of 4:30 pm yesterday, I have no more job, really. JTemp and I caught the remaining starlings in the aviary and released them back into the wild. The chickens went to a happy farm, where they will all have their own fluffy beds and amazing room service. Now my daily routine will consist of sprinkling some fish food into a couple tanks and then leaving. I also have to do stuff for lab, but that doesn't really compare to the responsibility of keeping animals alive.

On a completely different note, I think I have a cold. I hate when my nose is stuffed. I'd rather it be runny. I don't know about you, but I kind of like breathing.

I may have just seen the worst commercial ever. Air fresheners shaped like trees were talking to me...

The Prairie Fire is today! I never thought it would be so exciting to watch a bunch of people light a prairie on fire, but it really is. I mean, it is our lame-as-hell mascot. Prairie Fire...some schools get tigers, lions, or Spartans, and we get a fire.

I have to eat stale chips for breakfast because I have no food. Or money. And nothing on campus is open yet except breakfast, but it would be closed by the time I got there. I should probably shower, but it would be a waste because I'm going to be all smokey and ashy from the fire. I'm so incredibly tired, I'm pretty sure you don't understand. I feel pregnant: hungry all the time, perpetually tired, irritable. The latter can be relieved by just ignoring people, but I could sleep for 7-9 hours and still be tired. I can even take a nap and be exhausted. I don't even do anything that would cause me to be tired. Maybe I should start exercising more than walking to the third floor of GDH every day.

My mind is so scattered this morning. It was like, "Chip, tissue, tv, chip, bird, what's that smell, chip, tv..." It has also been about forty-five minutes since I started this, and I'm a relatively fast typer. I should stop blogging for now, and take a nap or something. Yes, it's 10 am. Yes, I have only been awake for 2 hours. I am exhausted.

No comments: