Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mondays Are The Worst

So, let's discuss Shit-tastic Monday.

1. Sonja is a wonderful person. We go into her office, say a few things, she does above and beyond what we wanted. She told Mike to get out of our group.

2. Now that Mike is gone, S-Dawg asks if we can work with Lexi. Ok fine, yeah, whatever. We even have two more days to practice and stuff. We schedule to meet at 9. All four of us schedule to meet at 9. And we get a text at like 9:20 that says "Hey, too sick to come. Sorry, hun."
  1. Elliot is not a "hun"
  2. Thanks for the late notice.
  3. I don't care if you fail.
3. I am sick too. I don't give two shits about anyone else's flu or cold or whatever. I swear to God, she will not fuck this up for me.

4. I broke a fish tank with my hand the other day, leaving me with a ton of glass shards throughout my palm. The professor is fine with it, because I apologized. Or so I thought. Because, yesterday, I'm sure there were at least 5 references/jokes about how I broke it. I can't tell if she is trying to make me feel guilty or better about it. I didn't do it on purpose, I was bleeding for a good 10 minutes, and it shouldn't have even broken. What fish tank shatters when you tap it? None.

5. I don't like being the leader of groups. I actually kind of hate it. However, (and this is in no way directed at Amelia or Elliot, per se, just a little frustration), I have become the leader of this German oral exam. Elliot helped me type it, Amelia helped write it. Yet I have sent out all the emails about postponing the exam, I'm providing all the props, the soundtrack. This is not my style. I'm not a fan of being a leader in any situation. I'm not upset with them, but someone had to take the reins, and that person was me. I like the status quo and venturing from it makes me uneasy.

6. Work. This is the part in my day, when I should just pack up, go home, and never think about school ever again. Hey, I'll start cleaning up the chicken stuff before Mackenzie gets here to speed things up. All right, emptied all the food dishes. Let's take out the waterers and and empty those. Oh, hey, look, A FLATTENED BABY CHICK!
What? How did they not notice this chicken when they were removing the rest of them? They took them out last Tuesday. It has been stuck down there since sometime after 4:15 pm Tuesday. That is the last time I watered them, and made sure there were none down there. After approximately ten minutes of me screaming, "Oh God. Oh God. I'm gonna vomit," I put on a glove, and dropped it into a plastic bag. Then Mackenzie put it in a freezer somewhere.

I left the lab, went home, ate a donut, took some medicince, and watched a movie. I'm so done with animals dying around me. Especially chickens.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

aw, sorry stef. :( hope you're not stressed about the midterm. if you had mentioned feeling that it was unfair before, i would have done something about it. but you've been doing really good with everything, if it makes you feel any better.

i was thinking about our "movie" earlier and i literally busted up laughing. haha i'm laughing now.

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.