Friday, April 17, 2009

Heidi Klum is "too fat"

If you know anything about me, you know that I have body image issues, and negative amounts of self-esteem most of the time. However, it is when I read crap like this, that makes me completely lose faith in the American media...
In the meantime, model Heidi Klum (at right), has recently been declared as being too "fat" to model on the runway. If she's fat (and, mind you, this woman has had three children), what does that say about the average American woman? Thirty years ago, the average model weighed 10 pounds heavier for the same height as they do today. Speaking in terms of numbers, the average model today weighs 115 pounds and the average American woman weighs 147 pounds. And, that's not even considering the height differences.
Heidi Klum is 1) not fat and 2) no one the average woman should base her image on. Heidi is smokin' hot, but really, how realistic is it that every woman will look like her? It's not.

I took a break from writing this to look through my Google Reader, and discovered this. I assume this is to blame for calling Heidi "fat." She is pregnant.

No comments: